Invisalign is a modern-day orthodontic aligner that is an excellent alternative to dental braces. As the name suggests, Invisalign is a near-invisible aligner that is made from a transparent plastic material. Choosing Invisalign allows you to keep your orthodontic treatment discreet, which can help you avoid the embarrassment when you socialize.
Are you a candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign can be used to treat almost all types of malocclusion, except the ones that are too complicated. Patients belonging to all age groups can use Invisalign. It is especially beneficial to teenagers as they may have second thoughts about getting dental braces. With Invisalign, they can comfortably and confidently go to school or college without getting mocked. They can smile, talk, and even pose for photos without being too self-conscious of their facial appearance.
Why should you choose Invisalign?
- Invisalign is a removable aligner, as opposed to dental braces that are fixed to the teeth. You may take them off when you have to brush and floss the teeth, eat food, or occasionally play games.
- The transparent nature of Invisalign allows you to smile with confidence during the treatment period.
- Invisalign is entirely fabricated from a dental-grade plastic material. You will not have to worry about any metal components, or sharp edges injuring the soft tissues of your mouth, as in the case of dental braces.
- Invisalign is fabricated with extremely high precision as the software used for the scanning and fabrication process is highly advanced. The dentist will create a simulation of the teeth’ movement and explain it to you during the initial consultation.
- While undergoing treatment with Invisalign, you can eat anything and everything you want. There is no restriction on foods that are hard, sticky, or chewy. However, ensure to clean your teeth before putting the aligners back on.
How do you use Invisalign?
The dentist will have the aligners custom-fabricated for each patient. Depending on the severity of malocclusion, the treatment usually spans between 6 to 24 months. Patients will have to wear the aligners for at least 22 hours every day. Once every two weeks, the dentist will hand you a new set of aligners to accommodate for the movement of the teeth. Avoid chewing on them or clenching the jaw as this could change its shape and affect the treatment.
Please schedule an online appointment with Dentist in Tampa FL or call us at (813) 999-1092 to have a consultation with Dr. Gubernick, and we will be happy to help.